Confidently Administering the FMLA Interaction With Group Health Insurance Plans and COBRA
Hidden within the FMLA rules are critical procedures that must be followed when providing the full range of leave, job, and group health plan protections. Ignorance of these requirements is not a defense when an employee files a complaint with the US Department of Labor, or worse a federal lawsuit.
Build your confidence and protect your employer by attending this interactive live webcast on FMLA best practices. Learn from the best as Matt Isbell brings his 30 years of federal compliance experience to the webcast. His positive, pro-active approach to compliance training has helped thousands of benefit administrators across the country. No doom and gloom, just updated information presented in a manner that allows for easy understanding and implementation.
- Overview of FMLA protections
- Avoid the FMLA trap of providing informal leaves
- Group health plans subject to FMLA safeguards
- Critical - Completing Form WH-381 Designation Notice
- Terms and conditions of employee premium payment provisions
- Best practices for when the employee fails to pay the applicable group premium
- Pros and cons of paying the premium for the employee during the leave
- 15 day termination warning notice - required
- Offering COBRA even if the employee is no longer covered
- Common mistakes made by administrators and how to correct them