COBRA 101 - A Primer for Rookie Benefit/HR Administrators
No doom and gloom here! COBRA 101 - A Primer for Rookie Benefit/HR Administrators is a positive, proactive approach to a rookie administrators introduction to group health insurance administration. Getting you up to speed quickly and easily with no lapse in compliance by the company.
In addition, because your company is solely responsible for complying with the COBRA requirements, training of the hands-on administrator is the key to success, no matter if you self-administrator or you use the services of an outside COBRA assitance provider. If the IRS or DOL comes a knocking, they will examine YOUR training! The failure to train can lead to an unintentional violation being flagged as intentional. Becuase the failure of a company to train its hands-on staff IS AN INTENTIONAL act according to the IRS and DOL!
Matt will prepare you for the COBRA challenges in 2023 with a uniquely positive approach to your COBRA education. You can, and will, excel in your group health insurance continuation coverage responsibilities. This education live webcast will boost your confidence and provide you with the knowledge, updated administration tools and followup support to do your job effectively.
Your registration provides you with the following:
- LIVE or On-Demand Webcast!
- Supporting written materials!
- FREE six Months of Followup TX or E-Mail Support for those pesky questions!
• Understanding there is no such thing as "COBRA Coverage"!
• The four TAMRA steps to safe and updated COBRA administration!
• Overview of the FIVE required notifications!
• Defining a qualifying event - specific event plus loss of coverage!
• Grasping the individual election rights of a qualified beneficiary!
• Becoming an expert of how MEDICARE works with and against COBRA!
• The COBRA process for returned COBRA notices by the USPS!
• When does a COBRA notice have to be e-mailed!
• Answering employee questions quickly and with confidence!
• Exploring the SEVEN reasons continuation coverage can be extended!
• And More!